Evergreen HelpMY ACCOUNT
In the Evergreen Indiana Catalog
- When you log in to My Account in the catalog, you will be asked to enter your username or library barcode. Enter your full 14-digit barcode found on your Library Card.
- For the password, enter the 4 digit password you have been given. If you cannot remember your password, please ask for assistance from someone at the nearest Circulation Desk.
- After logging in it is recommended that you change your password to something more secure. To do this click on the Account Preferences tab and then click on Change across from Password.
- Follow the instructions and enter your old password and then a new password 2 times. [Note: the new password MUST be at least 7 characters long and include at least one letter (lower or upper case) and at least one number; it is also case-sensitive].
- A box should appear telling you that your password has been successfully updated.
- You will then be prompted to log in again, this time using your 14-digit Library card barcode and your new password.
- Log in to My Account at on the library’s website / catalog.
- Search for the item you are looking for.
- If no results were found, try changing the dropdown box on the right from This Branch to Everywhere and hit the Search button.
- When the results of your search come up, find the specific item you were searching for and hit the Place Hold button near it.
- If you want to pick this item up from a library other than your home library, change the Pickup location. Hit Place Hold again, and you should get a confirmation box saying “Your hold was successfully placed. Your library will contact you when the item is available for pickup.”
- Log in to My Account on the library’s website / catalog.
- Click on Items Checked Out.
- For each item, the screen shows the number of Renewals Remaining.
- For each item that you want to renew, mark its checkbox, or you can hit Select All to renew all of your items.
- You will be asked to confirm your renewal. Click OK, or Cancel.
- You will see “item(s) successfully renewed” and the screen will refresh, showing you the new number of Remaining Renewals for each item
- If you see “The system is unable to renew the selected item at this time”. This usually means the item has a request and cannot automatically renew your item.
To maintain lists of books read or you want to read
- Log in to My Account on the library’s website/catalog.
- Click on the My Bookbags tab.
- Create a new book bag, if you haven not already done so, and click Submit.
- While searching the Tyson Library/Evergreen Indiana catalog, click on a title of interest.
- Next to the Place Hold link, you will see More Actions. Click on the down arrow to view your book bag(s).
- Click on the book bag. The title you are viewing will be added to your book bag.