EmploymentThe Monticello-Union Township Public Library is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants are sought from all qualified people, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, Veteran status, national origin, or ancestry.
Whether you are interested in current or future openings, you are invited to fill out an application for employment. Applications are available at the check-out/Circulation desks and will be kept on file for one year.
pdf Click here to open and print out an application.
Adult Services Manager
Full-time, $17.25 - $19.00 Salaried/Exempt
40 hrs/week, evenings and some Saturdays
The Monticello-Union Township Public Library has an opening for a full time Adult Services Manager. This position is part of the management team which works directly with the Director.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to plan, coordinate, and provide programming for adults throughout the year. They will need to have leadership skills to build connections and partnerships within the community. Besides programming and collection development, this individual will be supervising three employees within the adult department.
This position is required to have or be able to obtain a Librarian Certificate 5 from the State of Indiana, which includes 9 hours of college level Library Science credit. A Masters of Library Science is preferred, but a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Planning and implementing programming for adults
- Working as a team in planning library services
- Creating and continuing connections with community organizations
- Provide outreach services for homebound patrons
- Assume responsibility for collection management and development
- Select and supervise processing and cataloging of all adult materials and supplies
- Supervise the continuous weeding and inventory of all adult materials
- Create and maintain the monthly budget
- Embody professional, helpful customer service attitude
Starting wage is $17.25 - $19.00, depending upon experience, - 40 hours/week, some Saturdays, plus benefits.
***Only those who fill out the application and send a resume will be looked at for consideration. The position is open till filled.