Adult ServicesAdult Book Discussions
Lively discussions, food, and honest opinions are the mainstay of this group. It's a great way to meet with old friends and make new ones. With a wide variety of titles, you should be able to find several that interest you
- Monday Morning Book Discussions: This discussion group meets the first Monday of the month at 10:30 am in the Program Room. This group reads a wide array of classics, modern works, fiction and non-fiction. Download a full reading list here.
Ongoing Adult Programs
- Morning Cinema: Enjoy watching new, popular, and classic films at the library. Refreshments of popcorn, and soda will be provided. Come watch a free movie with us! The next movie is September 17 at 5 p.m. View our calendar or flyers to find out what the new movie will be.
- Trivia Night: This group meets the second Tuesday of each month from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Come test your knowledge. Individuals or teams of 2-4 can enter. Win a prize! Trivia is now virtual and meets using the Zoom video conference. Visit our calendar to see how to join in for the next virtual trivia night.
- Arts and Crafts: Do you enjoy crafting and being artistic? Join us for a new program featuring arts and crafts for adults. We will feature a new craft to make each month. View our calendar or flyers to find out what the new craft will be. All materials provided at no cost. Registration required.
Do you enjoy binging out on a movie or TV series? Now you can enjoy settling in for the night and watching binge-worthy themed movies brought to you by the Monticello-Union Township Public Library. A selection of binge boxes based on themes will be available for patrons to select and borrow.
- Patron can borrow 2 at the time of check out
- Can be borrowed for 7 days, no renewal
- Late, lost, and damage fees will apply
Binge boxes will be available to borrow starting on Monday, October 5. For a limited time, a bag of popcorn will be included in each binge box to enjoy.
The following are a list of available Binge Box themes to borrow:
Classic Halloween Films
Scary Movies You Shouldn't Watch Alone
John Hughes Films
Hallmark Christmas Movies
Don't be a Scrooge
Awesome 80s Action Films
Love is in the Air
Girls Night In
More coming soon!